The Merry Pranksters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World Of Warcraft guild forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basic Addons for just about anybody

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Smother
Admin
Smother

Basic Addons for just about anybody Empty
PostSubject: Basic Addons for just about anybody   Basic Addons for just about anybody Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Here are a list of some of what I consider the most necessary addons.

Auctioneer
AtlasLoot enhanced / atlas
Threat Meter
Group Calendar
AquaFusion Tooltip
Uberquest
Cartographer
Informant (might be outdated by blizzard)

These other addons help my game play and help make my wow look nicer
Bongos bar
Xperl

Auctioneer: Will let you know much a vender will give you for the item you are looking at.

Atlas: Will show you maps of dungeons and let you know which boss drops what and how often. Perfect if you've been invited into a run and don't know if its worth it to you to go do that dungeon.

Threat meter: perfect for classes with pets, high dps classes, tanks, and healers. This will show you how much threat everyone is drawing on this one target, and how close that mage is from pulling it off of you.

Group Calendar: a must have if you are going to do any end game raiding / hoerics with a guild. It not only keeps you on the same page but gives you an opportunity to let the people in charge know that your coming.

AFtooltip: Will allow you to move your tooltips around and adjust them accordingly to your interface. If a tooltip is in teh way ... move it, don't get rid of it.

Uber quest: very efficient and clean way to display quest info. VERY efficient.

Cartographer: basic map addon. Gives you the coordinates of where your toon is at on the map, and of where your curser is pointing. Also has a lot of other functionality but I haven't used those yet.

Informant: Makes your tooltips useful by adding info.

Bango's Bar: An addon that allows you to add and modify your button bars. This addon allows you to add more bars than bilzzard offers. You can resize and reshape the bars. It is a basic and comprehensive button-bar modification addon.

Xperl Unit frames: unit frames are what you see when you select a target. Your character pic, health, and mana is in a "unit frame" your party is in a hand full of mini-"unit frame"s. Xperl allows you to modify those unit frames to show soo much more and it looks cooler than blizzards xp
Back to top Go down
http://merrypranksters.heavenforum.com
Redwhisper

Basic Addons for just about anybody Empty
PostSubject: Auto Updaters   Basic Addons for just about anybody Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 11:59 am

The one I use is WoWAceUpdater, keeps all of my addons in order and up to date. Much eaiser than haveing to manually check every addon to see if its up to date. Will also install any dependencies needed as well as clear the saved variables cache of anything that is not associated with an addon.

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WinAceUpdater
Back to top Go down

Basic Addons for just about anybody
Page 1 of 1