The Merry Pranksters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World Of Warcraft guild forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rogue Basics ... some rogue basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smother
Admin
Smother

Rogue Basics ... some rogue basics Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Basics ... some rogue basics   Rogue Basics ... some rogue basics Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:55 am

Prologue: Of all the rogue forums I've red (and there are MANY) theres been one in particular that made rouge play style clear to me. At least subtlety (and mostly assassination) rogue play style. I unfortunately do not have a link to that forum post but I can share some of its wisdom with you.

ROGUES ARE OPPORTUNISTS

From subtelty (which is heavily opportunistic) to assassination straight into combat. You wait for the right moment to eat someones face off. some opportunities present themselves more often and more readily than others, but unlike most classes running in all willy nilly is death to a rogue.

You can be sitting in the shadows waiting for that healer to be on their own.

You can be in some warriors face waiting for disarm to be available.

You can be fighting a caster and waiting for them to start casting before you stunlock them till their faces fall off.

Many other classes wait for resources like rage or mana, but once they have those resources that player can unload their abilities until they run out or resources.

Your resource is your opponents bad decision, their unpreparedness, for their bad luck. Always ready to take advantage of their folly at a moments notice and turn the contest into a win.

The sooner you learn how to take advantage of other players mistakes the faster you learn to play a rogue well. The sooner you create mistkes for your prey to fall into the sooner you learn to win.
Back to top Go down
http://merrypranksters.heavenforum.com

Rogue Basics ... some rogue basics
Page 1 of 1