The Merry Pranksters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World Of Warcraft guild forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mahima

General Advice Empty
PostSubject: General Advice   General Advice Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 10:00 am

Since nobody else has posted here, I thought I'd add a little about what I've learned as a healer druid. I haven't really played other healers before, so this is more healer advice than druid advice.

-If you're getting attacked, run TO THE TANK. This goes for anybody. If you're running around like a chicken with its head cut off, they can't help you.
-Save up your mana for when you really need it. Put down HOTS until someone is about half health. This will help you.
-I've been told by many DPS people that healers shouldn't heal them. If they're doing their job right, they won't get attacked. The way I think about it though is heal the tank first, then you can think about the rest of the group.
-Battle rez is your friend, but don't use it on just any old fight. Remember that it has a long cooldown.

I hope that this can be of use to someone.

Mahima
Back to top Go down
Sopris

General Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Advice   General Advice Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Just adding on another little tip (which you all probably know) is when being attacked, leave plenty of health for you to heal yourself if you don't have potions.
Back to top Go down
Mahima

General Advice Empty
PostSubject: A Little more Healing Advice   General Advice Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:50 pm

Looking at the talent trees, I find that for a pure healer, the best way to go is straight resto without Furor and without Natural Shapeshifter. Fill the rest of it up. This would be best for the healer who is only focused on healing raids. It is very useful when running solo, but if you want to level faster, I recommend investing in other talents until you hit 70.

On another note, here are the stats that I'd recommend for a resto druid:
Healing
Intellect
Mana per 5sec
Spirit
Mana per 5sec is much more powerful than spirit (1 mana per 5:1.8 spirit ratio), but don't ingnore either of them. The following seems like it is a good guide, but I haven't had time to look thoroughly at it. Let me know what you think.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Resto_Druid_Raiding_Guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Advice   General Advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Advice
Page 1 of 1